Instead of sweating in the gym every day, select an outdoor fat-buster and tone up.
Getting fit will be more fun. Exercising with a friend is much better than pounding a treadmill with only perhaps your iPod for company. Studies show natural surroundings lift our mood, increasing the overall benefit of our workout.
Tennis works all the major muscle groups, including the arms, legs, back and stomach, and burns about 390 calories an hour, more if you keep missing the ball. So if you’re new to the sport, you’ll burn even more fat.
Cycling also works all the major muscles in your legs – and it keeps your stomach flat too because you work your abdominal muscles while trying to sit up straight and balancing on the seat. It’s good for all age-groups and is great for the heart.
2) An average woman will manage to burn off a whopping 260 calories in just 20 minutes of jogging – and it targets your bottom, hips and thighs.
3) It reduces overall body fat and is more effective than sit-ups. To burn even more fat, try interval training.
4) If you’re new to jogging, beware that it can be tough on the joints, especially your knees and ankles.
5) Stop if you experience pain and ensure that you are getting enough calcium in your diet to keep bones and joints strong.
1) It burns about 255 calories an hour and is especially good for toning up wobbly thighs and bingo wings.
2) It also quickly increases your fitness levels because there is plenty of stopping and starting, which boosts fitness and fat-burning a lot more effectively than just exercising at a steady pace. Better still, it’s also very sociable and fun, so you’ll be more inclined to go regularly.