• Keep a daily record of your food intake in the diet diary.
• Do not shop when you are hungry.Buy only non-fattening
food.Read labels carefully before buying.
• Always eat in one room,at the same place and avoid
pairing your eating with other activities like watching tv,
cooking or reading.
• Always keep at hand low-calorie foods to use as snacks.
like fruits and raw vegetables.
• If you feel like nibbling on something ,you can have
“saunf”,”ilaichi” or nibble on pieces of chopped apple,etc.
• Make small portions of food appear larger by using
a small plate or by spreading the food.
• Eat slowly and chew food thoroughly.This helps to eat
less food but absorb more vitamins and minerals.
• Store food wisely.Keep high calorie items in places which
are hard to reach,like high shelves.
• Don’t think just because you are eating low fat/low calorie
food,you can eat all you want.The calories still add up and
must be burned off.Balance is the key to success.