· Avoid frying foods;instead grill,steam or boil food to minimize fat content.
· Wash vegetables before chopping them to prevent loss of water soluble nutrients like Vitamin C,Riboflavin,Thiamin and Niacin.
· Avoid use of baking soda while cooking pulses and vegetables as soda inhibits the absorption of calcium.
· Avoid repeated washing of rice and pulses,as valuable nutrients are lost in the process.
· Preserve vitamins in food by cooking whole vegetables in their skin.
· Substitute cream with skimmed yoghurt,as it contains less fat.
· Seasonal vegetables and fruits have the highest nutrient content so include them in your diet as often as possible.
· Use non-stick cookware and minimize the oil content in your food.